Madison Capital is a leading real estate investment and operating company focused on acquiring and repositioning superior mixed-use assets in dynamic markets including New York and other gateway cities. Targeting income-producing and value-add opportunities in interesting, evolving neighborhoods, the firm employs a focused and disciplined approach to its investments.
Madison has grown its portfolio organically, acquiring one asset at a time since the firm’s inception in 2002 to over $3.1 billion of current assets under management. The company’s strategy, combined with its creative, entrepreneurial approach, integrated operating platform, and exceptional capital markets expertise has resulted in a gross IRR of 35% and equity multiple of 2.0x on realized investments, and a 24% IRR and 1.9x multiple across all investments in the firm's portfolio through three real estate cycles.
- Madison’s acquisitions team identifies well-located and exceptional assets with opportunities to improve leasing, market positioning, physical layout and capital structuring
- Utilizing its broad network of relationships and resources in the commercial real estate, and finance industries, the acquisitions team pursues opportunities unique to its investment expertise. Over 80% of the firm’s acquisitions have been off-market transactions, sourced through the firm’s proprietary network of relationships
- To date, Madison has deployed over $1 billion of equity across 47 investments through three real estate cycles, investing alongside institutional and private investors, endowments, pension funds, investment managers, family offices, and hedge funds
- The investment management team’s exceptional ability to devise and execute value-enhancing strategies contributes significantly to the firm’s aptitude for successful investments
- By focusing efforts to create value through revenue generation, adaptive reuse, asset repositioning, redevelopment, and operating expense and capital markets efficiencies, Madison builds equity value while growing cash flow
- With current annual portfolio revenue of $164.1 million, the investment management platform services a diversity of sophisticated tenants, lenders, investment partners, agents and consultants
Accounting & Reporting
- The accounting team provides asset-level, joint venturing, tax structuring, audit-monitoring and financial reporting services for the firm and its institutional investment partners
- With backgrounds and experience from the Big Four accounting firms, Madison’s professionals mitigate financial and administrative investment risk while providing efficient management execution
Leasing, Property and Construction Management
- The firm’s considerable leasing transaction experience along with its depth of contacts have led to the securing of numerous credit and compelling leases with the majority of portfolio revenue received from tenants that are either publicly traded or maintain corporate credit ratings between S&P A+ and B-
- In-house property and construction management capabilities allow for direct investment oversight from hand-on ownership and increased tenant interaction further solidifying the firm’s relationships and standing within the real estate industry